In National Renewable Energy Action Plans submitted by all 27 EU Member States, it was forecast that there would be an installed capacity of 213 GW installed by 2020*. With an associated total investment of €26.6 billion expected by 2020, the accuracy and certainty of wind resource assessments have never been of greater importance as the industry aims to make wind projects more bankable.
Join Windpower Monthly’s Wind Resource Assessment Forum to hear about improvements and developments in wind resource assessment techniques and technology from the key members in the industry.
Key areas to be covered include:
- Up-to-date developments in remote sensing technology and application
- Applications of CFD model and improvements in accuracy
- Best practice techniques for measuring flow over complex terrain
- Using mesoscale models as an estimate of wind resource
- Optimising your measurement campaign and strategy
- Solutions for tackling the lack of reference data offshore
- Investor’s perspective – how much trust is there in resource assessment figures?