Over 80 experienced professionals have confirmed their attendance from companies including:
ABO Wind AG – Alstom - Anemos GmbH – CENER – DNV Kema – DONG Energy – EDF Energy
Fraunhofer IWES – Iberdrola Renovables – REG Windpower – Royal Bank of Scotland – Statkraft
Suzlon Energy A/S – UniCredit Bank AG – Vattenfall R&D – Wind Prospect Ltd. – WKN AG
With almost 94 GW of wind power projects already installed in the European Union* and many of the most suitable sites already developed, developers are now turning to more complex sites resulting in great resource assessment challenges.
Reducing the uncertainties associated with energy yield predictions is of huge importance in order to increase project bankability and ensure investor confidence. Windpower Monthly’s 2nd Wind Resource Assessment Forum will share the leading practices for overcoming the latest resource assessment challenges and examine applicable solutions for improving the accuracy of production estimates.
Highlights will include
- Obtaining project finance – how to paint as accurate a picture as possible yet mitigate the impacts of uncertainties
- As assessment of the benefits of comparing pre-construction and operational data and the potential advantages for streamlining future resource assessment and O&M processes
- Insight into the latest developments for coupling mesoscale and CFD models
- Steps for achieving more accurate estimates of wake effects
- Wider remote sensing applications both onshore and offshore and the current status of a remote sensing specific IEC standard
The inaugural Wind Resource Assessment forum in March 2012 attracted 126 wind resource professionals and experts and achieved a 98% satisfaction rate.
Testimonials from the inaugural Wind Resource Assessment Forum included:
“Great compilation of topics”
“Good forum for technical discussions”
“Confirmation of what way we as a company decided to go”
“A comprehensive and informative event, with a lot packed into 1 ½ days!”
Who should attend
Wind Resource Manager
Wind Energy Analyst
Resource Assessment Engineer
Wind & Siting Engineer/Specialist
Due Diligence Specialist
Do you provide solutions or services relating to resource assessment? If you are interested in showcasing your products, please contact Martin Cawte by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
— — —